Banana Pancakes with Gingersnap Spread
Pancakes dotted with ripe banana and served with spread made from gingersnap cookies and brown sugar
- 10 gingersnap cookies, finely crushed
- 1/2 cup Parkay® Original-stick, softened (1/2 cup = 1 stick)
- 3 tablespoons firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 2 cups Ultragrain® All Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons Parkay® Original-stick, divided
- 2 egg
- 2 cups lowfat buttermilk
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 3 large ripe bananas, sliced
- Maple-flavored syrup, optional
- Mix cookie crumbs, 1/2 cup Parkay and brown sugar in medium bowl until well blended; set aside.
- Combine flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl; set aside. Melt 4 tablespoons of the Parkay; place in medium bowl. Add eggs, buttermilk and whole milk; beat with wire whisk just until blended. (Do not overbeat.) Add to dry ingredients; stir just until moistened. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Melt the remaining 1 tablespoon Parkay in large nonstick skillet. Ladle batter into skillet, using 1/4 cup batter for each pancake. Immediately top batter for each pancake with 4 or 5 banana slices; press bananas into batter with back of spatula to allow batter to partially cover banana slices. Cook until bubbles form on tops of pancakes, then turn over to brown other sides. Serve topped with the gingersnap spread. Drizzle with syrup, if desired.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||9 g||13%|
|Saturated fat||2 g||9%|
|Dietary fiber||1 g||6%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.